Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Wish Big

Hi all - well what a debacle!- I made just over 4 dozen sicillian creams last night and starting putting them in containers so I could get up early this morning to split them and brush with orange juice and put the cream in them. (this is about 2.15 a.m.!!!) and I knocked the cake rack and sent about half of them onto the flour. I had enough flour left to make one more batch, I put the oven on high, made them, stuck them in and went away for the 15 mins letting them cook and more disaster! you guessed it I forgot to turn the oven back to the correct temp for cooking and they burnt to a crisp (now it's 3 a.m. and I am exhausted) Anyway, got up early (after about 3 1/2 hours sleep) and whipped the cream and started finishing the ones I did have in containers and my youngest son turned up, ate one of them and then rang his brother to see if he had flour so I could make more, the shops didn't open until 11 a.m. I was supposed to be at church at 9.30 (I didn't make it!) He ended up buying flour from the petrol station and I made another two batches. Delivered them into town at 12.45. I parked on the other side of the uni and had to navigate all the steep stairs snaking in and around the uni to find where I had to be.
So, I've had a sleep which for me doesn't help as I usually get a headache if I sleep through the day. Anyway, that's the end of that bit of catering until the next time in about 3 months. It's a good fundraiser for the choir - they usually make about $3,000 each time and as members of the choir donate, it is pure profit.
Well I hope your day has been better spent than mine!
Well onto my card for today,
The basecard is sky blue, DSP is from Inque boutique mini papers, sentiment is from SU Warm Words, and the diecuts were made using a Nellie Snellen die, and my image is another Magnolia stamp. I had to put a coloured piece of paper behind the card to scan as the edges didn't show up. Hey, I just realised I seem to be on a roll of using little girls that are sitting down - check out the last 3 posts.
I'm entering this into the Craft Your Days Away Challenge #29 which the theme is Pink, Brown & Blue. I'm also entering in Make It Monday Challenge #55 which is Anything Goes
Thanks for stopping by and many thanks for the comments
Take Care,
Sandy

24 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy. Oh my goodness, what a shame and after all your hard work too.
    Still, your card is a delight and such a beautiful image too. She is so pretty sitting there, it looks like she is sat looking out of the window, gorgeous. Happy crafting.
    Love Sandra xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how it is when something goes bad, it just seams to snowball. All this while you were helping the choir. Anyway, I'm sure they were wonderful. And so is your card. I haven't be by for a while so I must browse and see what you've been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like orange and blue together...good combo, Sandy!
    As for using Shirley-Anne's new stamp.....only if you make me a card with it, too.....haaaaaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sandy baking disasters can be so heart wrenching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow hectic 24 hours you've had hun..now you deserve to put your feet up after such a busy day!!
    As for your card its beautiful hun..
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  6. How gorgeous! Fab image and layout! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sandy, what a day! Sorry to hear about all the hassle, but glad it turned out ok in the end (well done for not giving up). The card is lovely, the colours co-ordinate beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh no Sandy I think I would have given up and went to bed much earlier...you poor thing no sleep and having to do all that work...it will be worth though for them to make more money, they sound delicious too...your card is fabulously girly, I love this cutie Tilda
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Sandy,
    I am so sorry to hear about your baking disasters, but alls well that ends well. Love your card. Even more because I can just imagine how tired you were. TFS

    Hugs
    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Sandy.. You need a rest in the craft room after all the Baking dramas..Saw this on Make-it-Monday and popped by for a look..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just gorgeous Sandy...Saw this on Make it Monday.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Sandy,sweet image...Saw this on Make it Monday.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very sweet card. Sorry to hear about your baking nightmare! I saw your link on Make it Monday xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hun I'm worn out just reading your post! Hehe. Your card is gorgeous and I love the die you have used behind your sitting image. Just perfect all round sweetie and one you can be very proud of. Hope you got chance to relax a little. Smiles.
    Biggest hugs to you. Krafty Karen - Popping in from MIM to say Hi.xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Sandy, love your sweet image. Thanks for popping in by with a lovely comment. MIM. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Tilda looks so sweet just sitting there...

    Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
    Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute card and I really love the spellbinder you used behind the image. Popping in from MIM. Fabby card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are an amazing woman doing all of that AND crafting cards at the same time! What an inspiration you are to all. :)
    Your card is fantastic and I'm sure the creams were too.
    Thank you so much for playing with us at Make It Monday!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. A lovely card

    Thanks for joining our Pink Brown and Blue theme this fortnight over at craft your days away.
    Dazie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I saw your creation over at Make it Monday, I have a wee soft spot for the Tilda stamps too, your card is just lovely :o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your day may have been bad, but your card is amazing. Love the colors.

    Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Days Away.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  22. super card..Just popping over to say Hi!..
    i saw your card om Make It Monday !
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. A gorgeous card.

    Thanks for joining us this fortnight for our pink blue and brown colour challenge at Craft Your Days Away.

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...