Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Happy Engagement

Hi everyone, are you enjoying your weekend? Mine has been busy so far, I've done at least 6 or 7 loads of washing and now have started making 5 -6 dozen jelly cakes, I hope I get them all cooked as I have to have a shower and be ready to get picked up to go to an engagement party. I have just finished the card so I am going to do an early post because I won't have time later tonight. Two of my son's popped in, I thought it was a bit strange as the youngest rang first to see if I was home and said they were coming to see me. They don't usually ring they just turn up. Well the youngest son has broken up with his girlfriend and wants to move back home, he doesn't even have a bed now because after taking it with him, they decided to sell it. Luckily we do have a spare, but his room has been taken over by bits and pieces and he will have to use our spare room that we usually keep for guests. Oh well, we will see how it goes.
Here is the card I made for the engaged couple!
I've used a navy blue basecard and then stamped congratulations on it in silver ink. I stamped the champagne glasses in the same ink onto a scrap of the blue and punched out with a circle punch. I mounted it onto a piece of DP from Prima Marketing paper stack called Londonerry and punched with a larger circle punch then mounted it onto a blue matte and then onto a white nestie label and added some little bling hearts in the corner. I stamped the glasses on the inside of the card too. The stamp is called Glasses and is from Lucy's Stamps.
Sorry the scan has made the card look a bit patchy, you just never know what it is going to do next, LOL.
Well thanks for looking, gotta rush and get the cakes out of the oven,
Take care,
Sandy

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy , Queen of jelly cakes .One of our blogging buddies wants the recipe for those too .See you Tuesday about that
    Love the engagement card .Blue and silver great colour combo
    hugs Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous Sandy,love the colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness Sandy, I'm tired just reading your post. You certainly live life in the fast lane. Your card is absolute class and I bet its admired by everyone. Hugs from Scotland Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The simplicity of this card is fab Sandy - very modern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...