Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Monday, January 2, 2012

Oriental Man

Hi, sorry didn't get to post last night. We drove down the coast to our friends' house and had lunch with them and then went down to a lake that is fed from the sea and had a swim. Spent maybe an hour or so there and then headed back to the house and organised another meal. Two of their daughters came over and their partners and little grandson as it was our friend, Vaughan's birthday. At 9.30 p.m we were just thinking of heading back when my Mum rang. Her fridge had gone on the blink and as it was 41C yesterday we needed to get some of her food and especially her insulin under refrigeration. She had to throw out quite a lot of frozen meat that had already thawed out, luckily it was her rubbish removal today otherwise there would have been quite a smell! It was about 11.30 when we got to Mum's. LOL, I wonder if the neighbours were peeking out to see what was going on? After grabbing some of her food and insulin, Mum came and stayed the night with us and I took her home about tea time. She plugged the fridge in and a few minutes later the motor kicked in! So looks like it is working at present but still needs to be looked at to make sure it keeps going! No point in restocking it and chancing losing another lot of food.
At the moment I'm in the lounge room and the heat coming from the computer is adding to the general heat already in here, so am going to get on and share my card. I seem to be on a bit of an oriental kick at the moment, three in a row!
I've used a black basecard and then another of the lovely oriental papers I've had in my stash, I love these cranes. The image is one from my oriental collection and I think it may be the only male one I have, LOL, must go through them and check.
I stamped onto white card and sponged blue ink around the edge and also some yellow ink as well and then used a cream cardstock behind it. I decided not to use a sentiment but put something inside later.
Thanks for popping in hope the weather is treating you kindly, ours was another 40C day today but it is going to drop slightly tomorrow to 37C!!
Catch you all later,
Take Care,
Sandy

3 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...