Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Happy Easter

Welcome to my little piece of blogland, hope you've had a good day.
I started off mine finding I was one of the winners over at Party Time Tuesdays, you can see my card here. Well, LOL, it was very early in the morning, about 1 a.m.
I woke up about 7.15 and groggily switched the alarm off and then must have turned the second one off without even registering it and then when I woke up next I checked the time and was horrified to see I had slept in and was supposed to be picking a friend up in only five minutes and then another friend also on the way to craft, so I had to make a phone call to say I would be late and then hurry to get dressed, take blood sugar levels, tablets and breakfast. I didn't do too badly. I was about 15 minutes late.
We had a good time at craft and made 3 fab cards with Shirley. Doug, (Shirley's hubby) popped in on his gopher to see what we were up to. It was good to see him there.
Fran, Helen and I stopped on the way home at our usual little cafe and had some lunch before I dropped them both home. I'm having a few problems with my teeth and have off and on toothache, I rang yesterday and got told my dentist was booked up for 4 weeks but because I have toothache he will see me Friday! It makes you feel lousy and tired too!! and will have to put up with it for another few days.
Anyway will get on with sharing my card and head off to bed.
I've used SU Crumbcake fpr the base and then another layer which I put through an embossing folder and popped up with foam dots. I couldn't find a DP that went with the floral image that I used, they all seem to overpower it, that's why I went with the one colour. I cut another piece out with a nestie die and adhered it to a piece of SU Rose Red and trimmed. The image is from SU clear mount set "Easter Blossoms". I inked it with Basic Brown and coloured it with a pink Copic Marker and also a brown one. I added a ribbon and lots of bling on the flowers. The sentiment is also from the same set and I edged it with a pink Marvy Marker. I also did the inside with a piece of the Rose Red, rounded the corners and then added another diecut and stamped two decorative corners in basic brown (image also from the SU set)

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Make it Monday #82 - Anything Goes
Addicted-to-stamps-challenge #26 - recipe: rhinestone, flowers and ribbon ( I've used my image for the flower component, I hope this is okay)
Anything Goes Challenge Blog - challenge 63 - Get ready for Easter
Sentimental Sundays - Challenge #95: Easter or Spring

Thanks for stopping by and loved reading the comments left on the previous posts. It is an enjoyable part of my day checking out what you have to say.
Take care,
Sandy

front of card

inside of card

16 comments:

  1. Wow, what an elegant spring card you shared on MIM! Love the sparkle! Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you gorgeous card.Thanks for sharing this with us at Anything Goes.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Very pretty!
    Congratulations on your win over at PTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful inside and out Sandy. I love the little faux pearls on each flower.
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy the tiny rhinestone look so good on your flower blooms!
    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Hun this is just gorgeous and so beautiful hugs Cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooohhh it's beautiful!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSC!!!

    gr. arjette.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely,classic card.great colours.also inside,congrats xxmum

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandy ..congrats on your win .
    Love your creation with the embossing and all that bling for the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great Easter card.
    Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes Challenge, good luck and hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely spring card. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays, Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty, I had wondered what could be done with that embossing folder - thanks for inspiring me to actually used it! Saw you at MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute card! Thanks for playing along with us at Sentimental Sundays.
    Hugs, Janne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card, Sandy. Such a delicate image and perfect for Easter

    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sandy,

    What a lovely card. And the inside complements the card perfectly.

    I have this set, and the embossing folder, but haven't used either, you've inspired me to see what I can do with them. Saw your card on MIM.

    Penny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...