Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Make a Wish

Hi  to any who are visiting today, hope your day has been an easy one and you are keeping warm or cool, LOL, depending where you live. Me... I'm trying to stay warm.
Shirley, Fran and I had a productive morning making 3 fab cards and catching up since last week. Doug (Shirley's hubby) was home as it was a bit too cool for a ride out on his gopher.
Fran and I stopped as usual for lunch at a little eatery on the way home and congratulated the owner on winning a small business award, she came second in the unlicensed eatery category. She has been in the running for the last 4 years and finally won an award. Sounds like she just missed out on first place.
We decided to take a run out to a craft shop for a bit of a look around. We were after a piece of 12x12 paper that has retro ladies all over it. No luck, but one shop said she would try and look for us with her suppliers.
I came home late afternoon, tidied the kitchen and set about making a casserole for tea. Hubby liked it and had several helpings!!!
No choir practise tonight as it was our AGM. We had our meeting and then supper. We usually have the supper as a thankyou to the members of "The Friends of the Choir" as they help out at concerts and also do some fundraising for us throughout the year.
Well after getting home a bit later than usual, I sat down after having a nice coffee and made this card.
I've used SU Cherry Cobbler for the basecard. I've used an octagonal nestie die to cut the card base and made it into a small easel card. I cut another octagon  and placed on the folded top to create the easel. I added a diecut in SU Pink Pirouette and then stamped the little fairy from Kanban Stamps - Fairy cakes and coloured her with Copic Markers. I went over the star and little dots with a gold Jelly roll pen to give it a bit of glitter. I stamped the sentiment in SU Cherry Cobbler and finished off the front with lots of tiny little pink bling.
On the inside, I used another pink diecut and  added "Happy Birthday" again in Cherry Cobbler ink. I also cut a small octagon in the Cherry Cobbler, then traced around the inside of the die and cut it out in the pink card. I stamped another little star in the middle - coloured with a Copic Marker and then went over it again with the Jelly Roll pen. I popped this on with foam dots so it would hold the easel panel when open.
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Make It Monday Linky Party - #91 ~ Anything Goes
Less is More - Week 69 "Recipe" Not a Square
Crafty Boots Challenge - Bowtastic/Anything Goes

Enjoy the rest of your day/night and I'll be back tomorrow,
Take Care,
Sandy

Sorry, really bad photo, just couldn't get a decent one!!! 

 front of card
 inside of card

12 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous,love the image...fab layout.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a little sweetie!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card and colours,good work.. xx mumxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cutie pie on the front of the card. Great easel design :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet little fairy and I love the shape of your card. Thank you for sharing it with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous shaped easle card .
    HI Sandy
    Love the cute little image and your colouring too .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO cute! Love the shape! Thank you so much for linking up with MIM this week! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM!
    Good luck,
    Rene ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card! I love the shape and the sweet image. :) ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally cute image and card. Love your color selection and special shape of the card.

    Saw you at MIM. Fell free to stop by at my blog Keti's Projects anytime ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...