Followers

Linky followers - just incase blogger removes follower list

Friday, June 8, 2012

Butterfly and Roses

Welcome back to my little part of blogdom. Started the morning off with a catch up with friends Fran, Shirley and Doug at a little cafe. Shirley was kind enough to bring along a couple of snail adhesive refills for me. I'm halfway through my last one.
I spent the rest of the day hanging around the house and doing some washing and hanging it outside. There was not much heat in the air today so nothing really dried and I brought it inside about 5.30 p.m. and it was pretty cold by then. The dryer has been working tonight just finishing things off. It is not very efficient!!!
Caught up on watching some more "Bones" series dvds. Have only got one more series to watch and then will have to wait until the next series comes out on dvd as I decided not to watch any of the new ones so I could catch up on what was happening with the characters.
There is just me and the dogs home tonight, hubby left earlier and our youngest son has just left about 10 mins ago. There off to the Mallee region where we have a little cottage (inherited from DH's family) They will get up there about 1 a.m. and it will be freezing. I'm not going up till late tomorrow afternoon as I'm picking up our son's girlfriend after work so she can come as well.
I'm going to get on and share my card as tonight it is really cold in this room, just had to go put my jacket on.
Here is what I used:
SU Early Espresso for the basecard, a layer of DP from Prima Marketing  Almanac Collection mini paper stack. A piece of white card which I stamped with 3 different images, bird cage, leafy plant and the butterfly. I sponged the edges with SU Baja Breeze and the stamps were inked with Old Olive, Rose Red and Close to Cocoa. I backed this piece with a  matte of Choc Chip card. I added dimension to the butterfly by stamping it twice in red and adding on top of the original image. I then added a sentiment from SU Short & Sweet. I made some tiny burgundy roses, some leaves and also a row of pearls, which I swirled around a bit.
The inside has a piece of white card, also sponged with Baja Breeze and another butterfly/prose image stamped in Close to Cocoa and then coloured with inks using a blender pen. All the stamps are from  Butterfly Garden Collection from pinkpaislee
I am going to enter this into the following challenges:
Come and Get It Challenges: Flowers and Butterflies, Oh My ( I've used stamped butterfly and also butterflies in the DP
CCEE Stampers - CCEE 1223 ~ Create a card with a vintage feel
The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog ~ Challenge #5 ~ Pearls and Swirls

Well thanks again for stopping by and for the encouraging comments too.
Have a fabulous weekend
Take Care,
Sandy

front of card
inside of card

9 comments:

  1. SUch a pretty card Sandy...lovely design and great colours

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get it Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome card, love the collage effect and the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Sandy, great colours and heaps of detail - inside and out! Thank you for sharing with us this week at Come and Get It Challenges. Regards Meighan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card...love all the sweet details!

    Thanks for joining in on the fun at Come and Get It Challenges this week!

    Shell~Alaska♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandy this is a stunner , a real vintage feel to this card. love the design

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful,love the presentation inside and front, love mum

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandy, this is beautiful and just perfect for our challenge! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really appreciate it and if you leave me with a link back to your blog I will pop on over and visit you too. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...